New Testament Copywork is the deal of the day at Currclick! You can get thirteen Bible stories, with almost 60 pages of copywork for 60% off! But the deal only lasts until 10AM CST tomorrow, so get it while you can!
Handwriting, grammar, spelling, sentence structure, mechanics, AND Bible, all in one easy lesson? It’s simple with New Testament Copywork. With almost 60 pages covering 13 Bible stories from Jesus Birth to The Parable of the Net, New Testament Copywork will give your students language arts practice while instilling important Bible stories in them as well. Simply print off each page and let your student copy from the model onto the provided lines.
Charlotte Mason was a British educator in the 1800’s. Her education methods went out of style in the modern school movement, but have been revived in recent years and have become popular in the homeschool world.
These are some of the important parts of the Charlotte Mason educational philosophy:
- Children are born persons; they are not born either good or bad, but with possibilities for good and for evil.
- Education is an atmosphere, a discipline, and a life. Teachers use the child’s natural environment, disciplining of habits, and the presentation of living ideas in order to teach.
- Children learn to write by doing copywork, listening to good literature, giving oral narrations, and eventually writing written narrations and compositions. Students also write from dictation, read by the parent from quality literature.
- Lessons are short and pleasant, especially for young students.
- Students read “living books,” not “twaddle.” A living book is one that is written by someone who has a passion for the subject and is not condensed or altered. Twaddle would include most contemporary fiction series that talk down and undervalue the intelligence of the child.
- Art and music study are important parts of a Charlotte Mason education. Students are taught to enjoy classical music and famous artists in a gentle, natural manner.
- Student spend a great deal of time outdoors. Nature study is an important part of the school day.
- Handicrafts are taught in a Charlotte Mason school. This can be any number of activities, such as sewing, woodworking, gardening, and drawing.
Here are some examples of curricula and resources that follow a Charlotte Mason philosophy of education:
I have a new title available at Currclick: Old Testament Copywork Volume 1.
Handwriting, grammar, spelling, sentence structure, mechanics, AND Bible, all in one easy lesson? It’s simple with Old Testament Copywork. With more than 60 pages covering 13 Bible stories from Creation to Moses, Old Testament Copywork will give your students language arts practice while instilling important Bible stories in them as well. Simply print off each page and let your student copy from the model onto the provided lines.
Clicking on the image above will take you to Currclick, where you can buy Old Testament Copywork Volume 1 for 50% off until May 1, 2015.